Reading is a wonderful activity for encouraging language development and bonding with your child. If you enjoy ending your child’s day with a bedtime story and inspiring in them a love of reading, here are some great recommendations from our play school near Craighall.
- Giraffes Can’t Dance – by Giles Andreae: This book teaches children all about accepting differences in each other and in themselves, and trying to fit in. It shows them through a delightful story that they will always find a place to belong in the world.
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Why – by Amy Shields: From around 2 years old, every child’s favourite word is “why?” and they’re just bursting with curiosity about the world around them. This book answer simple questions in easy to understand terms that young children will understand. Filled with great pictures, this book is pure, fun-filled learning.
- The Monster at the end of this Book – by Jon Stone: Fun to read with a fantastic punchline at the end, this book is a great experience for kids as well as adults who grew up with the Muppets!
- I Lost My Tooth in Africa – by Penda Diakite and Baba Wague Diakite: This is a lovely story about a little girl who loses her tooth in Mali while on holiday and the surprising thing the tooth fairy brings her! This is great for young children of 3 and above.
- ChickaChicka Boom Boom – by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault: With great rhymes and funny jokes, this book is all about learning the alphabet. Perfect for toddlers who want to sing along, this book makes early childhood development fun.
These are just some of the wonderful books out there for toddlers and young children, so be sure to check out your local book stores and second hand book stores for more great bedtime story choices.
Our play school near Craighall brings out the best in your little one
At Doodlebugs Play School and Day Care Centre, we know that this is a critical time of learning and development for your little one and we aim to support it through a holistic curriculum that teaches through fun, safe and age-appropriate activities. With plenty of peers to play with, extensively trained staff members to oversee all activities and a fun, childproof environment, we’re looking forward to bringing out the best in your child.